The Top 4 Springs in Citrus County
Dive head first into some of the world's most beautiful, crystal-clear springs right here in Citrus County, Florida!
The Crystal River area is home to an abundance of natural freshwater springs, most of which feed the seven rivers that wind through our area. These springs pump out millions of gallons of crystal-clear fresh water every day! With so many of these beautiful, natural water sources in our community (over 70 in Kings Bay alone), it would be impossible to describe them all. Here is a closer look at a few of our favorites.
**Something to remember** Our springs are beautiful natural resources. It is important that they stay pristine both for the sake of our ecosystem and so we can appreciate their beauty for generations to come. Helping to maintain the springs is easy, just remember these tips:
- Keep off rocks and shoreline to help prevent soil erosion and decreased water visibility.
- Do not pull kayaks onto the shoreline or tie them to vegetation as this also erodes soil.
- Tie off paddle craft in designated areas or use a vegetation friendly anchor.
- Avoid trampling vegetation and kicking up silt, this can negatively impact water quality.
- Refrain from climbing trees as it can be dangerous and could potentially harm vital vegetation.
- Say no to disposable items like water bottles and wrappers that can be easily lost in the water.
- Never throw out litter or leave garbage behind!
The springs are truly one of Florida’s hidden gems, and we hope everyone who visits gains a new appreciation for their beauty! If you are interested in learning more about how to help our community protect these treasures, please check out our “Visit Responsibly” page.
Hope you have an unforgettable adventure here in Florida’s Nature Coast!