Moon over the Mounds Series
The Friends of the Crystal River State Parks, Inc., in partnership with the Florida Park Service, Florida Public Archaeology Network and Gulf Archaeology Research Institute will kick off the fall season with the popular Moon over the Mounds guided evening walking tours running monthly, from October through March, on Friday's nearest to the calendar full moon.
Professional guides will lead visitors through the sacred site and inspire visitors to envision what life was like living on the Crystal River from 500 BC to 950 AD.
The museum building opens at 7:30 p.m., tours will begin at 8:00 p.m. Suggested donations of $5.00 per person will be applied to sustaining future interpretive programming in the park. Reservations are not required but appreciated for larger groups.
- Friday, November 8, 2019 at 8:00pm 9:30pm
- Friday, December 13, 2019 at 8:00pm 9:30pm
- Friday, January 10, 2020 at 8:00pm 9:30pm
- Friday, February 7, 2020 at 8:00pm 9:30pm
- Friday, March 6, 2020 at 8:00pm 9:30pm
- $5 Donation at the door